Welcome to photog blog!

Welcome to my photo blog! I specialize in family outdoor and natural light portraiture in Denver, Colorado. My style is clean, soulful and sincere.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Senior 2013: Jess

I met Jess and her Mom on a typical July afternoon in Colorado: thunderstorms looming on the horizon. In fact, every time I meet with Jess's family, it is a rainy day. That's just how we roll. It's a tradition of sorts. But on that day the rain and clouds didn't stop us from having a great senior photo session. We walked in downtown Parker, Jess's hometown. When the rain was coming down so hard I became nervous about my equipment, we sat in the car and talked. Jess is a wonderful human being. She has been to Haiti several times with her Mom helping those affected by the hurricane and destitute. She dreams of opening her own bakery. She is unpretentious and beautiful. Just before the sun hid behind the mountain range, the rain stopped, and everything glistened under the last sun rays. Jess's Mom took us to a bridge for last photos, and I will never decline shooting {photos} on a bridge. Despite the mosquitoes attacking Jess (I even had to Photoshop one out), we got some more beautiful images, and then said goodbyes. Now, Jess is already in college and living on her own. I am looking forward to continued friendship with Jess and her family.




No comments: